Thursday, June 08, 2006

Not So Domesticated

Whew!

I've been on vacation this week and had planned a menu for every day. I had planned for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I'll tell you what! It is hard work to try to cook three meals a day and try to have fun in between. I haven't quite got three meals a day in every day this week. It is just too much food!

We did have this cola chicken last night which was very good. It was made with a can of diet coke. My husband complained because he thinks he knows how to cook better than I that I should have used regular coke. The chicken turned out fine with diet coke, in my opinion. I also learned that working with corn starch and water is a work out!

I thought it would be fun to try new things this week but frankly, I spent $268 on groceries getting everything that I needed and have had to work hard in preparation and in clean up. Not much fun.

So, what I've reminded myself is that I am not the domesticated type. I don't very much enjoy cooking all the time, housework, laundry and all those non-fun things. I do like to play tennis, though I don't know the rules, and I like to read. If only I were rich!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?