Thursday, December 22, 2005

Beautifully Written

I wish I had nothing better to do than to read and write. I wish I had the ability to focus for long periods of time. Mostly, in regards to writing, I wish that I could write as well as Aunt B. She can take garbage and craft it into something beautiful. I'm glad she's not feeling too antagonastic. If I could look into a crystal ball and tell you the future, I would say that Aunt B. will be known as one of the greatest writers of our time*.

Don't know Aunt B.? In a recent post, she responds to some kind comments by saying this:
Here's the part I especially like--"meandering tales" and "whole wonderfully constructed cast of characters." Yep, that's exactly it. I want you to read this and get a sense of what it must be like to sit next to me at a bar or across from me at the dinner table. I want you to care a little bit about the people I care a lot about. I want to take our ordinary moments and put a little shine on them.

And I'm glad that's coming across. That makes me happy.
For those of you who are not familiar with Aunt B.... a word of caution. She also has this remarkable ability to take something beautiful and turn it right back to garbage. Utterly hysterical.

* An experiment. ;) I thought it would be quite amusing to see Aunt B. show up in searches as "one of the greatest writers of our time."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?