Monday, November 28, 2005

Blogger Barred from U.S. Border

Now, this is a disturbing story. Tip of the Hat to Nashville is Talking, by way of Bill Hobbs.

The U.S. government has barred Canadian-Iranian blogger, Hossein Derakhshan (otherwise known as Hoder), from entering the United States for six months.

Hoder is a critic of the Iranian goverment, according to this piece on Committee to Protect Bloggers (a site with which you should familiarize yourself). He is also a member of the international free speech community.

He is denied passage to the U.S. under the charge of illegally working in the U.S.

Ooohhh, it sends shudders through me. Brittney, over at Nashville is Talking, had the priviledge of meeting Hoder back in May. Read Brittney's thoughts.

Comments:
That really bugs me, too. Ugh, I gotta get outta the US!
 
Where would you go if you had unlimited resources?
 
Either Canada or Costa Rica. Or, hell, unlimited resources, the Netherlands. Wait! I know, I'd travel around and never really settle anyplace specific. No, wait, probably Canada. I dunno, that's a hard question, haha.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?